Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 8, 2011 Wabaunsee County Rest Stop

Luke and I went to breakfast at Bob's Diner in Manhattan this morning (CB, bless his heart, had to work).

On Thursday, I bought a bed frame from Jack and Tina that they were going to sell at the city wide garage sales today, so Luke and I went to pick it up.

We took Zeandale Road, which is the road I drive home everyday.

This cracked us up: a port-a-potty in the middle of a corn field.

Luke was so tickled by it that he turned the car around so we could get a picture. You expect to see port-a-potties some places, like parking lots at ball games, or outdoor concerts and festivals , but you don't expect to see one in a field, on a country road, in the middle of nowhere.

Frankly, I was glad to see it because my breakfast of a heart attack on a plate with a side order of grease was starting to back up on me. I explained that in great detail to Luke and asked if we could stop so I could use it. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes.

Being my son must be tough at times.