Friday, October 21, 2011

October 20, 2011 Sisters go to the Theatre

This evening, my little sister and I (and by "little" I mean "younger" and by "younger" I mean "just by a little bit") went to see "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" presented by the Kansas State University drama/theatre department.

It was hysterical. The music was great. The acting was better. The whole evening was perfect. Don't you think that the set looks exactly like a school gym? It even had a climbing rope hanging from the ceiling. At one point, the blue mats hanging under the basketball goal opened and Jesus came out. Jesus. Came. Out. (and reported that he didn't care about the spelling bee!)

We met for dinner - which is always a good way to start an evening out, don't you think? Even though we live in the same town, my sister and I don't talk very much. We are kind of in separate worlds - always have been - which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Tonight, though, we laughed until we couldn't breath. My sides hurt from laughing.

Snorting was involved.

No comments: