Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 30, 3011 Wonder Woman Lives Here

It was time to go to the store. I hadn't done a major shopping trip since May. That's right, the last time I went to the store with my menus, shopping list and CB, was in May and I spent $600.

Those groceries lasted about 5 months. I've had to pop in for fruits and vegetables and milk and bread and bits and pieces, but it was time to go again.

Luke helped me figure out the meals.

Then I put all the recipes in my notebook and did the shopping list.

Off I went. Hoping not to break my $600 record.

Two and a half hours later, I was on my way home, feeling good because I spent less than I thought I would and saved over $60 with coupons. I'll never be on "Extreme Couponing" but I do okay.

Luke was at school studying for a nuclear engineering test (seriously? who studies for shit like that?) and CB wasn't home from the golf course yet, so after loading all the groceries into the cart and driving them home....

I got to carry them into the house.


I put everything away, vacuum packed the meat, weighed the hamburger into 1 and 2 pound packages and vacuum packed it, rearranged the deep freeze (where did that turkey come from?), put 2 slabs of ribs in the oven, made cheesey potato casserole, cleaned the refrigerator, and loaded the dishwasher.


CB came home and gave Buddy a bath.


After a great supper, I baked and frosted pumpkin sugar cookies for Halloween tomorrow.


Yes, it's true.


Wonder Woman does live here.

No comments: