Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October 5, 2011 Football Season

Depending on the season, the field across the street is a soccer field, football field, or baseball diamond.

Tonight it was football.

The offensive line combined weighed less than I do. Without my shoes.

One little guy reminded me of Luke. His mom dropped him off and as he was walking towards the group, he just fell over.

One moment upright, the next moment, not.

Between the point of where he fell down and the team was a little dog. He stopped to pet the dog and forgot he was there for football.

The coach called and called and pretty soon he wandered off to the huddle.

I had to laugh.

But I so wanted to go across the street and tell that kid to hang in there because in not too many years he'd be smarter than the other guys and well on his way to getting a degree in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering.