Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 29, 2011 My Daughters

My daughter's birthdays are one day apart. One is October 16 and one is October 17. It never changes. It's on every calendar I own.

But does that mean that I get their gifts in the mail in a timely fashion so they get them before their special days.

It does not.

I had all the shopping done. I promise I did. However, I just couldn't seem to seal the deal and get the packages to the post office.

Today, mailing those birthday packages was number 1 on my list of things to do.

Okay, it was number 2 (pause for juvenile humor to be recognized) because number 1 was having my second massage. Can I just say that I'm a believer in the magic of touch? Barbara at Body First is WONDERFUL. The. Best.

The presents are on their way to my lovely British daughters. I miss them every day. Especially on those days at work when I've about had it with all the bullshit. When they were at K State, they'd pop in with tea or coffee and we'd have a chat. Those girls always seemed to know when I needed a bit of a pick me up.

Love you Louise and Priya. You'll always be my girls.

No comments: