Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 26, 2011 Soup Night




Make this soup tonight. You'll be glad you did.




2 cans diced tomatoes


2 cans corn


2 cans red beans


1 1/2 pounds ground beef browned (with some minced onions)


3/4 lb. Velveeta, cubed




Throw it all in a pan. Don't drain the vegetables.




Heat it up until the Velveeta melts.




That's all.




The best part about this soup is that you can pass it off as having taking the entire freakin' afternoon to cook. Oh, yes you certainly can. Not that I've ever done anything that sneaky.




There was that one time that I bought fried chicken, opened a can of corn, and made gravy from an envelope. BUT, I did make the mashed potatoes from scratch. Told CB I had cooked for hours. As far as I know, he still thinks I did. Let's not rob him of that cherished memory, shall we?

No comments: