Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 24, 2011 Windiest City in the Universe

I'm from Dodge City so I know wind. I know wind from the north that freezes your bones as you walk to school (2 miles, one way, uphill, barefoot). I know the wind from the south that brings heat, hot summer heat. I know the wind that cancels 4th of July. I know the wind that blew my mom away (true story). I know the wind that blows cars off the highway. I know the wind that rattles stop signs and windows.

Today, the wind blew my flag holder off our house. WTF? I didn't even realize it was windy out. But when you are used to Big Boy Wind, a little breeze doesn't even register on your wind radar.

Dang it, though, this was the second flag holder to be ripped from the side of the house by the wind.

I'm going to ask my resident engineer to look into this problem.

Perhaps the answer is longer screws.

You know, that could be the answer to many of life's problems.

No comments: