Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 27, 2011 Let's Go, Cardinals!



It's been well documented that my dad was a sports fan. He loved sports, he played sports, he encouraged me as a budding softball player (the only real girls sport back in the day), he pitched baseballs, threw footballs, turned jump ropes, provided a high jumping pit, shot baskets, you get the picture.


He liked the St. Louis Cardinals. In his collection of ball caps, and Dad was rarely without a ball cap on his head, (In his casket, he was holding a KU ball cap, so he even went to the Great Beyond ready for action.) was this St. Louis Cardinals cap.


I don't know why I ended up with it. Maybe because CB is a huge Cardinals fan and I thought it would come in handy.


With the Cards down by one game in the World Series, I decided to take the hat out of retirement for tonight's game. Good thing I did, too. The Cards won in extra innings meaning that tomorrow night is Game 7.


It's silly, I know, but I think about my dad (along with my Uncle Charlie) sitting on top of the press box, or on the scoreboard, drinking beer, and enjoying the many games they can watch for free....I know they help out occasionally, as evidenced by tonight's World Series game.


And the last minute of regulation of the 2008 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship game. You think Mario made that shot all alone?


Think again.

No comments: