Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 7, 2011 Oregon Trail Park

I'm planning a fall bar for the local bar association and one of the possible venues for said party is the local Oregon Trail Park east of Belvue.

It's one of my favorite parks with great walking trails and views and ponds and real bathrooms. Running water and everything. It's true, I do judge many places based on their bathrooms. Forum Hall at K State is a total success. The convenience store on the bypass around Austin is a total FAILURE. *shudder* (We are going to San Antonio in November....I'll post a picture. EWWWW)

Ahem.

CB was home early from work, so he drove Buddy and I to the park so I could check for availability. On the drive, I took some pictures. For the bottom two, CB even stopped the truck.




This silo is painted with scenes of the Oregon Trail.



The Oregon Trail Park has one walking trail that goes straight up (seriously, straight up, and I am not even exaggerating. Well, maybe a little exaggerating, but not much.) and the view at the top is breath taking. Or it could be that you just can't breath because you just climbed STRAIGHT UP for this silly view.


Anyway, after my heart surgery, I was able to make the walk/climb and not feel like I was going to die. The day I did that was a very, very good day.

No comments: