Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26, 2011 Cub Scouts



Here's what I know:


In the field across the street there were 19,000 screaming Cub Scout accompanied by 2,384 screaming den mothers and fathers and an assortment of younger siblings.


There was also a bucket truck from the phone company.


There was a den father, or whatever they're called, in the bucket of the truck yelling directions to those on the ground.


Something about a picture.


Said Bucket Guy: "I can't see any faces." Oh really, no shit? You're up in a bucket truck about 30 feet and you can't make out the faces of the little children on the ground. Really? Who would have thought?


Said Bucket Guy: "Could everyone move a little closer to the truck?" Seriously? It was like herding cats. Those Cub Scouts have not learned following directions yet.


Said Bucket Guy: "Could you please hurry? I don't like heights and I don't like roller coasters." Maybe he was the only one with a camera?


I must admit that they entertained me for longer than I thought possible.

No comments: