Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 6, 2011 The Problem with Requesting Books

Here's what happens when you request a lot of books all at once from the local library.

They all come in at one time.

My priorities are in turmoil. I want to read but I have to work.

What to do?

I read until the wee small hours of the morning (which drives CB nuts. Look, his eyes are closed, how can my reading light bother him? I'm just sayin'.) then go to work. Come home, read before fixing supper, fix supper, eat, then read until the wee small hours of the morning.

So far it's working out, but for the record, if I could figure out a way to get a paycheck by reading the fluff that I love, I would sign up immediately.

Also for the record, I do read books of substance. It's just that in this go around of book requests, all the books were fiction. Frankly, I get enough "real life" bullshit at work to last all day. I come home to escape the real world.

Every year I promise to keep track of all the books I read but I never seem to be able to keep it up. I have 40+ books on my Kindle but sometimes I just want to hold a book and turn the pages.

My book vice? I read the last 3 or 4 pages last. Sort of like eating dessert first and who doesn't love that?

No comments: