Monday, September 5, 2011

September 4, 2011 Mom's Birthday as Declared by ME!

Nothing beats a family birthday, especially one celebrated at the Brookville Hotel in Abilene.

Mom's birthday was on the 2nd, but I moved it to the 4th just for this year. (Did you not know that I had that kind of power? Oh, I do. Just ask anyone. I used to move Luke's birthday if it fell too far from payday, so I got pretty good at time warping. Maybe it's a single mother thing, I don't know.)

Anyway, we all took Mom to Brookville for lunch today. It was, as usual, awesome.

Roger and Karin hadn't been to the Brookville Hotel for 30+ years and they've never been to the one in Abilene. Karin was drooling in anticipation of the coleslaw and Luke kept asking if I was sure the mashed potatoes and corn were "all you can eat".

I'm sure I heard a groan from the kitchen when the cooks saw Luke walk in. That boy can do some damage to an all you can eat situation!

We ate our fill, had some leftovers, gave Mom her gifts and headed home for naps.

Nap we did. (Isn't that what Sunday afternoons are for?)

At 7:30 on the dot, Momma showed up for a Domino Throw Down. All of us crowded around the table and the swearing began.

Roger, who got schooled BY ME last night in the fine art of dominos cheated his way to victory tonight. Not sure how he did it, but the Scotch helped.

Weather report: GLORIOUS! Karin and I sat out on the deck this morning and she needed a blanket!

No comments: