Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20, 2011 EWWWWWWWWW

EEEWWWWWWW..........I hate slugs. Hate them.

YUCK.

I never saw a slug until I was in law school and living in eastern Kansas for the first time. One more reason to love western Kansas. (Other reasons include: sunsets to die for, sunrises that make getting up at the crack of dawn worth it, the smell of a thunderstorm on the way, dodging tumbleweeds and the South Drive In.)

Tonight I let Buddy out and noticed a pair of antenna (antenni!) appearing above the step and, upon further investigation, EEWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Times TWO! I didn't even know the second one was lurking in the shadows until I posted the picture here.

I have a few questions.

1. How long have these slugs been traveling to arrive at my back steps?

2. Why did these slugs travel to my back steps?

3. Is there some kind of Slug Fest planned that I should be aware of?

4. If so, is it too late to put my house on the market?

5. Won't the slugs be disappointed when they arrive at the top of my back steps only to find nothing there? Maybe I should put some salt out so they'll remember the trip.

6. Slugs. WTF?

No comments: