Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 1, 2011 Surprise!

It's the first day of November. Windows have been scraped, leaves have begun to fall, there's a bit of crispness in the air that wasn't there before.

There's an iris blooming outside the parking garage.

You heard me.

An iris is blooming outside the parking garage of Kansas State. I have proof.

I had to balance all the shit I was carrying into the office in one arm and dig in my purse to find my camera, but I got the picture!

As I was balancing said shit and digging in said purse, it did dawn on me that the iris would still be there when I went to court later in the morning or when I went home in the evening, presumably shitless and more able to dig for my camera. Or, I could have prepared for the picture by having my camera at the ready.

Nope. I juggled and dug and got the photo. Without dropping or spilling or falling on my ass.

I suppose that's the real story here....not that there's a flower blooming on the first day of November.

No comments: