Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 27, 2011 Christmas is Just Out of Reach

My plan was to decorate the house for Christmas today. CB was on the golf course (it's 40 degrees, where else would he be?) and it's after Thanksgiving, so it's time. Right?

I haven't decorated for the past couple of years. Not because I'm a humbug, but because Luke and CB don't seem to care one way or the other and the decorating (and undecorating) falls to me so I just didn't do it.

Christmas arrived anyway. Crazy, isn't it?

This is as close as I got this afternoon. I looked up and found the decorations in the rafters of the garage. Yeah, getting my fat ass up on a ladder was out of the question and yelling at the boxes to throw themselves into my arms didn't work either.

I decided to pay bills (I should have climbed that ladder and thrown myself off of it) and surf the net for cupcake recipes (Caramel latte sound good? What about Pink Lemonade? Shirley Temple - made with maraschino cherry juice and cherry 7-Up? Yummy!).

I'll get the house decorated sooner or later. Looks like it's going to be later.

No comments: