Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 6, 2011 Karin's HEB

We went to the Japanese Sunken Gardens this afternoon. It was beautiful. The day was a bit overcast which meant that it wasn't beastly hot, as San Antonio is prone to be.

A new HEB grocery store opened right by the Barnes' house. Karin refers to it as "her" HEB. We decided to go shopping so I could see the store. It was amazing.

I wandered around like I had never been in a grocery store before. Everything was so new and clean and there was such a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and fish and bakery stuff.

I got Luke some tortillas and grabbed some fajita meat. We also got chicken and mac and cheese for supper.

As we were leaving, I told a woman, who asked me if we found everything we needed, that I had a choice between Sea World and shopping at this HEB and I chose shopping at the HEB. Turns out this woman was the manager of the store!

She hooked us up with t-shirts and name tag holders. Karin was over the moon. Now, she has proof that this HEB store is really hers!


After supper, we played dominoes. When the Barnes were here in September, Roger won a round of dominoes and thinks he's a pro.

I kicked his ass.

Just so you know.

No comments: