Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 4, 2011 On the Road Again

CB and I left for San Antonio at 5:00 a.m. We were shooting for 4:30 but someone didn't get her ass in gear in a timely fashion. I won't name names, but you can probably figure it out.

We drove to Oklahoma City where we had breakfast at a Cracker Barrel. They were selling this nonsense.

A saleswoman said "They are only $20! What a great price!" I replied, "I'm from Kansas so I don't care if you are giving them away."

She was a little taken aback. But, I said it with love. Bless her heart.

We arrived in SAT around 6:30. No problems on the road, but there was some drama at the continuing legal education seminar. I can't report on it yet because it's still a work in progress. When I do tell you about it, plan to stay awhile, as it is quite a story. And I'm not even in it.

Arriving at the Barnes' house is like going home. It is so comfortable and welcoming. I love knowing that they are waiting for us at the end of a long day of traveling.

I was worried that CB would get sleepy while he was driving, so I took it upon myself to talk to him to keep him awake. He assured me that listening to the radio would do the trick, but, really, it was the least I could do.

I talked. And talked. Then sang awhile.

Then read the signs along the road.

And the sides of semis.

Then talked some more.

And I talked back to the radio.

Sometimes I even waited for CB to talk back. Most of the time I didn't.

It was a fun trip all around.

CB seemed particularly glad to arrive in SAT.

And even gladder that Roger greeted him with not one, but TWO, beers.

No comments: