Friday, November 25, 2011

November 24, 2011 Happy Thanksgiving

It was a food orgy.

What more can I say?

When I was little, I remember my Grandma Flo getting up at the crack of dawn to put the turkey in the oven. I was thinking about her this morning at 5:30 when I got up to start the turkey.

Lunch was at 1:00 so I wanted to be sure it got done.

It did.

Along with enough mashed potatoes for an army (what was I thinking? I just kept peeling and peeling and peeling. Pretty soon CB came along and he began peeling and peeling and peeling.)

Add in a bathtub full of gravy and you have my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner at Baby's house.

After eating too much, we gathered for family pictures. Then, the boys went to the basement for football (i.e. naps) and the girls stayed upstairs and played silly games and laughed too much.

Holiday season is here.

And, I love me some holidays!

No comments: