Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29, 2011 One More Thing Wamego Does Right

Wamego lights up Christmas. Lights. It. Up!!

The main street is adorned with wreathes and snowflakes. All the stores have decorated windows and it's clear that Christmas is on its way!

City Park is glorious! The trees are full of lights and snowflakes, Santa and his sleigh soar over the pond, a Christmas tree sits in the middle of the pond with its lights reflecting in the water like precious gems.

Last year my little town added this scene. Clearly, it's the skyline of Wamego, complete with a windmill. This picture isn't great (I have never claimed to be a photographer! Maybe I'll be better someday.) but it is pretty good considering that I was on the shoulder of Highway 24, sort of angled into the ditch, trying to balance the camera on the side view mirror, and shoot the picture in between on coming cars.

What I go through to get a picture of the day for you people.

No comments: