Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 28, 2011 End of the Day

This beautiful sunset greeted me as I left work today. I took this picture from the top of the parking garage at Kansas State.

Sunsets, like the ocean, always help me with my perspective. There is such beauty to behold if you just pause a moment and look around.

Who could see the sky lit up with orange, yellow and red and not stop to admire the wonders of the universe?

Sunsets also encourage me to pause and reflect on the day just passed. Did I accomplish something? Anything? Is the world a better place because I spent one more day in it? Did I laugh? Did I make someone else laugh? Did I pay someone a compliment? Did I ease someone's burden?

Mostly, though, I stop and count my blessings. Every single day I have something to be thankful for.

Even if it's just the wondrous sunset.

That's enough.

No comments: