Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011 Ouch.

This is my knee. My right knee.

Go ahead and look closely. I shaved my legs this morning.

I've been having on going pain in my right knee but, being the tough bitch I am, I worked through it.

Growing up with someone who had the shit beat out of him, metaphorically speaking, in WWII, complaining about aches and pains was not something I did. If I had a lapse in memory and dared complain, my dad's response was more often than not "shake it off".

Anyway, 2 days ago the time arrived when I could no longer walk like a regular person. I got around by taking a step and sort of shuffling my right leg. I can't even begin to tell you how funny I looked and how much it hurt.

Fast forward to this afternoon and a visit to my doctor. We talked about age and weight (both topics that make me want to freakin' kill myself) but determined that I needed a steroid injection in my knee.

The shot didn't hurt at all. And so far it hasn't helped at all. But I know it will. I'll be patient.

Which will be a nice change for me.

No comments: