Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 20, 2011 Window to my Soul


The door of my refrigerator tells the viewer quite a bit about me. Let's take a tour, shall we?

There's a "Hall for Governor" bumper sticker. Fred Hall was my dad's law partner in Dodge City and was elected governor of Kansas. When Grandpa Judge retired from the Supreme Court, Fred Hall was part of the Triple Play - an interesting chapter in Kansas history. I found this bumper sticker in an antique store several years ago.

Of course, there is my collection of presidential bumper stickers: John Kerry, Barack Obama, Al Gore. Clearly, my fridge is a Democrat. (Isn't everyone's?)

There's a variety of left wing anti-war, anti- republican, anti-Bush cartoons, cards, stickers and magnets. Like: "Protect a Woman's Right to Choose".

Oh, there's a Kim Clark for Congress bumper sticker. That's my sister's name, although she was not the Kim Clark who was running for Congress. That Kim Clark was an openly gay man who, as you can imagine, was not, in fact, elected. Go figure. (I think he is from Minnesota.)

Moving right along, you'll find various grocery receipts and I have absolutely no idea why. There is no reason in the world at all to save those receipts, must less post them on my fridge.

Want a coupon for a pizza? Got 'em on the door. Some might not even be expired.

Right in the middle is a dominos score sheet, proof that Roger won one game of dominos. He's not won since, so this is a good thing to have. Additionally, it pisses me off every time I see it, so I'm ready to play when there is a rematch.

My favorite fridge magnet? The one that says: "I found Jesus. He was behind the couch the entire time." Makes me laugh every time I see it.

The pink feather boa? That's from my friend, Cindy, who died of complications from breast cancer treatment, i.e. medical malpractice, several years ago. She thought every woman should have a pink feather boa.

She was right.

No comments: