Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4, 2011 FAIL



The sun rose bright and shining this morning. The skies were blue and it looked like the thermometer might hit 40 degrees. Golf was on the horizon!


Before he left, CB got a roast ready to put in the oven. He cooks a mean pot roast.


My instructions were clear: at 2:30 put water in the roaster pan and put it in the oven.


I took care of that and thought I'd get some Rhodes frozen rolls out and let them rise all afternoon. Good plan, if I do say so myself.


Except, that I didn't get the rolls out. I got back into a wonderful book I'm reading and completely forgot about the rolls.


However, I still wanted the rolls so, with only 2 hours left before supper, I thought I'd "hurry" the rising process along. That shouldn't be too hard, should it? Well, should it?


Yes. It. Should.


If you want to hurry the rolls along, follow the directions on the package, do not try to do it yourself by putting the pan on the burner of the stove which also acts as the oven vent. What you will end up with are these breadish type hockey puck shaped things.


Oh, the answer is no, I did not bake them anyway. Even though CB said he was sure they'd be fine.


And, by "fine", he meant "they won't kill me, at least."


I wasn't so sure, so I threw them away. If Buddy gets to them, we may find one more thing he's allergic to.

No comments: