Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 19, 2011 Wintertime Adventure

Adventure Part 1:

CB and I went back out to Suss Motors and bought a car. We were in a bit of a hurry since there was a winter storm headed to western Kansas and we wanted to beat it.

While our salesman was AMAZING (Thanks, Kevin Kessinger! You rock!), unfortunately the paperwork took a bit longer than we anticipated thus giving the major winter snow storm a chance to arrive at I 70.


Yep, Kevin was a great guy and I love my car.

Adventure Part 2:

About 30 minutes east of Denver, we were in a freezing mist and visibility was zero. We were driving 30 miles an hour and I was having NO fun. Zero.

We passed several serious accidents, one was a double fatality which we heard about on the news later.

I followed CB and we talked on the phone every now and then. Mostly it was me saying "let's pull over" and CB saying "okay, in a little while".

Then it started to snow - horizontally. The storm was coming from the southwest and the wind was howling from the north (how does that even work?). Again, NO fun.

We were still driving about 30 miles an hour, sometimes much slower. Much, much slower.

At Hays, it was time to pull the plug and we got off the interstate. Just in time, too, as the traffic ground to a halt due to a jack-knifed semi.

Adventure Part 3:

We got a hotel room which in an of itself is not really an adventure. However, when we got in the room and there were signs posted prohibiting the cleaning of pheasants in the bathtub, I knew I was back in western Kansas.

Once CB pried my hands off the steering wheel, we went to dinner and this is what it was like outside:


Adventure Part 4 (the "I'm Old" portion):


There were 2 beds in the room.....one for each of us. Seriously: one for each of us.


When did I become an old woman who would rather sleep than have hotel sex? I think it was somewhere around Colby.

No comments: