Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 16, 2011 Westward Ho!

CB and I headed to Denver for a birthday party of a long ago friend and to see my brother and his wife. We were in no particular hurry, and the weather was wonderful, so we stopped in Hays and took a drive through my alma mater, Fort Hays State University.

This is Custer Hall where I was the residence hall director. It was a co-ed dorm and had a bar in the basement. Oh. Yes. It. Did.

There is no picture of the residence hall where I lived while in college because they tore it down. The bastards.


When I was at FHSU a new bar opened called "The Home". It was in the old Dillon's store and was amazing. At least what I can remember was amazing. I must admit that I did my share of drinking during the time I was in college. Oh yes indeedy, I did my share and the shares of about a dozen others. The Home is now called "Home Party Club". Pretty sophisticated, if you ask me.


Our next stop was in Goodland where we located the gigantic Van Gogh painting of sunflowers. It was quite a sight.

Right in the middle of nowhere.

No comments: