Monday, December 26, 2011

December 23, 2011 Another Kitchen Fail

I have the reputation of making a mean chocolate chip cookie. I must admit that they are pretty good, especially warm with a big glass of cold milk.

My recipe? The one on the back of the Toll House chocolate chip package. Nothing special, nothing tweeked.

Last weekend when we were in Denver, my sister in law was baking up a storm. She insisted that the chocolate chip cookies made with the recipe on the butter flavored Crisco were the best in the world.

I sampled one (okay, maybe more than one) and they were pretty great. I decided to change my habit and my cookie recipe.

Lesson learned: you should not mess with perfection. My Toll House cookies were perfect. Butter Crisco recipe cookies were not perfect. I must have done something wrong because they looked like something that came out of the back end of a miniature cow. They tasted okay if you could get past the whole cow patty appearance.

Which few people could.

No comments: