Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 18, 2011 I Love the Mountains!

Today my brother took us to Estes Park for our traditional trek to Bear Lake. It was a glorious day; the sky was Colorado blue and the ground was covered with snow. There was just enough wind to make the pine trees sing. It was Colorado at its very best.

There was 19 inches of snow on the ground at Bear Lake and both CB and I were in our trainers so we didn't walk around the lake. Who goes to Colorado in December with boots, after all?



Do you see those people in the background? They were walking on the frozen lake. I've seen "It's a Wonderful Life" too many times to trust a frozen lake.



Heaven.


This is the Stanley Hotel, one of the most haunted places in the United States. I will never stay there overnight. I peed my pants while on the haunted tour - which is why I am not allowed to ever stay there. The Stanley Hotel people are peckish about bladder control issues.


Haunted or not, it's a magnificent building. But, it is haunted. Luke has proof...on the ill fated tour, he took 2 pictures of the room where Stephen King wrote "The Shining", one immediately after the other. When they were developed, one of the photos had a figure of some kind in front of the door.


Restraining order or not, I'm not ever staying there.

No comments: