Friday, December 30, 2011

December 29, 2011 Christmas: Part 2

Remember the Bubble Bread I was making for Luke for Christmas? How the "before" picture looked pretty harmless?

Ummmm, not so much.

Behold the "after" picture.

Note for next year: just because the specified number of frozen dough balls doesn't look like very many, do not, I repeat, do NOT add more. Seriously. Don't do it.

Oh, the Bubble Bread tasted great and the topping was yummy enough to eat with a spoon. But, there was some collateral damage done. The topping (sugar and butter) poured out of the cake pan to the bottom of the oven.

No harm done, I figured. I decided to just auto-clean the oven, which I did.

A little while later, I was talking to Brother on the phone and glanced at the stove. The oven was ON FIRE. There were flames and everything. After doing this Picture a Day nonsense for a year, you'd think I would have grabbed my camera before doing anything else. Alas. I did not.

The oven door was locked shut and I had to figure out a way to get the flames to go out. I decided to turn the stove off and hope for the best. The kitchen was full of smoke and Luke came downstairs to inquire as to the nature of the odors drifting throughout the house. CB was oblivious to all the excitement!


When the oven cooled enough, I picked out 5 large piles of burned lava, threw them away and started the cleaning process all over again.


This time without the flames.


It was more effective but less exciting.



No comments: