Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 20, 2011 Will I Ever Get Home?

This was the scene outside our hotel room window this morning.

We got the truck out because it has 4 wheel drive, but needed the help of a bobcat to get my car out. Remember my comment on the day we went to Estes Park about not having boots? Well, we still don't have them!

Finally, we got on the road and headed east.

We drove 20-30 miles per hour from Hays to Salina. That's about 700 miles (or maybe it just seemed like that) on snow packed and icy roads. It was NO fun. At. All.

I made it clear before we left Hays that I was not happy about getting behind the wheel of my car, but CB said we needed to give it a try so off we went like a herd of turtles. Literally. I was passed by a couple of turtles I was driving so slow.

Finally, my phone rang, and CB reported that at the Saline County line, the roads were just wet and traffic was running at about 70 miles per hour. That news was music to my ears and it was true!

From Salina to Wamego, we drove like regular people and I got a chance to see how my car handles on the highway. Very well, in case you were wondering.

Going north on Highway 99, I took this picture of CB's truck. Please stare at it for 16 hours. It's what was front and center of my windshield from Denver to Wamego.


Oh, and I want to be clear about something, I decided around Colby that I would rather wrap my new car around a frickin' tree than listen to that god damn, no good, right wing, lying, son of a bitch Rush "Who Has My Drugs" Limbaugh. Because I was avoiding any fast movements, I couldn't turn my radio off fast enough and actually heard some of his drivel. What a sack of shit. Someone needs to pull that bastard's plug.


Not to put too fine a point on how I feel.


Buddy was waiting at the backdoor and Luke was waiting at the front.


It was good to be home.

No comments: