Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 3, 2011 Rain, Rain Go Away



No, this picture has nothing to do with the fact that it rained all day long. All day. It rained. Rain means that CB couldn't golf and would be underfoot all day. And by "underfoot" I mean "in the basement watching football".


I had hopes of getting the house decorated for Christmas.


Then CB and I decided to run to Manhattan to get a couple of things we needed at Kmart and Dillon's. CB actually suggested we go to Wal-Mart, and, once the lecture about how Wal-Mart is the work of rich repuglicans and Satan, he was sorry he mentioned it.


Had a great time together and when we got home, he went one direction (to the basement) and I went the other direction (upstairs) and that was that.


Now about this picture. Our silly dog, Buddy, is allergic to everything in the world. We just found out about this and we've started giving him shots every 3 days. Oh, and by "we", I mean "me". Luke holds him, I shoot him up and CB winches.


Everyone who knows me knows that I am NOT the person you want in a medical situation, emergency or otherwise. But, if the patient is a dog, I do okay.


Some of the items on Buddy's list of things he's allergic to: dandelions, rye grass, a bunch of things I can't pronounce, fleas and, are you ready, DUST.


I had a choice between cleaning my house more often (like sweeping and dusting everyday) or giving Buddy shots.


Sorry, Buddy.

No comments: