Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 17, 2011 I'm an IDIOT.

It's established that I went to Colorado to attend a birthday party and see the 2 kids I babysat for 40 years ago. That's why I went. No other reason.

But, do I have a picture of the party? No.

Do I have a picture of me with the former kids (who are now amazing adults and parents themselves)? No.

Do I have any proof whatsoever that I attended a great party and had many laughs? No.

Was my camera in my purse? Yes.

Were there a hundred people there who could have taken the picture? Yes.

Am I a total dumb ass? Yes.

Trust me. Of all the photos I've taken this year, and all the ones I've missed, I am miserable about not getting a picture of those kids and me. Darn it.

So, to make up for not having what would have been my favorite picture of the day, here's a shot of a car I test drove.

CB read an article about a dealership which had a bunch of 2011 Impalas on sale (deep sale, I might mention). Just for fun, we found the car lot and looked around. I fell in love with this car. And it fell in love with me.

It's been 12 years since I bought my stepmother's car and it has nearly 200,000 miles on it so it was time for me to upgrade.

The only thing left to do was sleep on it.

The decision, not the car.

No comments: