Monday, December 26, 2011

December 24, 2011 Tradition

It was a Christmas Eve when my brother, sister and I met our future stepmother's children in 1977. It was their tradition to have spaghetti - which made the Smith kids shake their heads in wonder.

It didn't take long, though, for the Smith kids to be converted!

We've spent many Christmas Eves around a table loaded with spaghetti, bread and salad. Great memories of family gatherings.

My stepmother's sauce recipe is one that she got in Chicago many years before she and my dad ever met. It's easy, it cooks all day, and fills the house with the fragrance of love. Then, you make it all the better by adding meatballs and country style ribs and let everything spend 3 or 4 hours getting acquainted.

My nephew came over for dinner and he said that he wasn't sure he remembered Grandma's spaghetti, but then he took a deep breath and remembered the aroma that was Christmas at Grandpa Judge and Grandma Hid's house.

I love traditions.

I love traditions that have to do with food most of all!

No comments: