Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011 Happy Mother's Day!

My mom (right) and Curtis's mom (left) were the guests of honor this noon for Mother's Day. (Note: my mom did not get her rain barrel yet, so don't tell her.)

Curtis's brothers and sister were here as well. We had a cook out and loads of great food.

I have a recipe for a Napa Lettuce Salad which is wonderful. It makes a buttload, so I usually save it for when we have company. Last night, I made the dressing and the "crunchies" (sunflower seeds, almonds and Ramen noodles browned in butter). However, this morning when I got the lettuce out of the fridge, it was covered with brown spots. Every single leaf was covered.

CB was in the shower, so I took the head of lettuce to the bathroom, stuck it in the shower and asked him what he thought. Poor guy. He was a little surprised. But, he's been married to me for 7 years, he should be prepared for anything.

Loads of leftovers means that lunch packing this week will be a breeze.

A nap after everyone left was my dessert!

No comments: