Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 30, 3011 Summer Starts!

Who knew it would be so hard to get a picture of the flags along the Kansas River Bridge? A couple of times a year I find myself feeling a bit patriotic. Memorial Day is one of those days.

I'm not wrapping myself in the American flag in support of a ridiculous war (Thank You, George Bush, you no good, right wing, bible thumping war monger. Not to put too fine a point on it.), but instead I appreciate the sacrifices of those who really protected this country when there was a legitimate threat to our way of life. Like my dad and others of the Greatest Generation.

On to more important things: part 2 of Knock You On Your Ass Slush. Here is it after 24 hours.



I stirred it up and it became the most wonderful slush.


It tasted great! Summer has arrived.


Nap time arrived shortly after my taste test!

No comments: