Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15, 2011 Something Famous, I Think



I'm not trying to be funny (for a change), but I am not sure exactly what was happening in Manhattan this weekend.


I know it was something about some kind of food truck race across the country for the Food Network or the cooking channel or something else I don't watch.


Loads of rumors going around about the trucks and where they would be. Someone on facebook waited for over 2 hours to get a grill cheese slider from this Roxy truck. That had to be one good grilled cheese slider, if you ask me.


Anyhow, Luke and I made a quick trip to Hy-Vee today and these guys were filming in the parking lot for about 2 minutes.


The real picture of the day should be my grocery receipt showing that I saved over $30 using coupons. WOOO-HOOO! Not exactly Extreme Couponing, but it's better than paying full price.


My best buys were: 2 cases of Pepsi for $3.99 each, 4 bottles of Old Spice body wash for $1.89 each and Weight Watchers frozen entrees for $1.60 each.


The only thing I like better than saving money is spending it.

No comments: