Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 24, 2011 Weather

There I was, sitting at my desk, minding my own business (it's true) at about 10:30 a.m. My next door neighbor popped her head in and told me to raise my window blind and take a look outside.

It was black as night. Literally. I can't remember the last time I saw the sky so black in the middle of the day.

Naturally, people were getting a bit nervous and there were those who wished they had participated in the tornado drills as opposed to sending a representative from our office. Who, by the way, is on vacation this week.

Not me. Not the girl from Southwest Kansas! I laugh at bad weather. Well, not laugh actually, but I do grab my camera to get a picture for my blog.



Here's the problem with both pictures (the top one did not have a flash, the bottom one did) is that they don't really show how dark the day was. The sky looks a bit gray. It was not gray. It was black. I could barely make out the building across the street east of the Union. (What's the name of that building anyway? I've only been at K State for 9 years and can not be expected to learn the names of buildings I never visit. Right? RIGHT?)


So, if you wouldn't mind, go get your sunglasses, turn out the lights in the room you are in or take your laptop into the closet, then look at the photos.


Yep. It was that dark.


Kinda cool.


Didn't last.


No trips to the basement. But, the Union Recreation Center is in the basement as is the Subway. I could have bowled, played pool, had a sandwich, had a beer.


Crap. No trip to the basement.



No comments: