Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011 Friday the 13th

I got to be in Topeka today on a top secret mission with a top secret friend. I'd like to tell you why, but I can't. Because it's a secret. A top secret. Oh yes, I'm important.

After the top secret meeting, my top secret friend and I went to lunch at the Kansan Grill on Kansas Avenue. It was wonderful.

In the front window was this arrangement of sunflowers and 5 pots growing rosemary. It smelled so good.

The walls were full of pictures of famous Kansans which was fun. The menu was full of items like "The Secretary of State steak" or the "Assistant AG burger".

Since the legislature wrapped up late last night (thank god. Those bastards can do more harm than any group of people who ever worked under one roof. With the exception of today's congress, I suppose.). When they are not in session, I rest a little easier at night.

However, when I wake up, Sam Brownback is still governor.

That makes me cry.

It's like Friday the 13th every. Single. Day.

No comments: