Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 19, 2011 Kansas City

CB and I are in Kansas City for a couple of days. See how I called it Kansas City and not Johnson County? I never did understand referring to an area by "county". That is bullshit. I have never once said "Oh, I'm from Ford County."

Anyway, we are staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Lenexa where my CLE seminar is tomorrow. CB plans to hit the golf course and meet back up with me in time for the Royals-Cards game.

This is the view from our window. We could (and did) watch the weather and the traffic. So easily entertained, CB and me.
I thought this was a fun picture of CB. He was just standing at the window watching the world go by.



The hotel room was pretty nice. It was on the top (4th) floor in an area called the "Quiet Zone". Good god. I have gotten old. When did that happen?




It had a King size sleep number bed (which was fun...soft then hard, soft then hard. And I fooled around with the bed control too.).




When we arrived, there was a beautiful gauzey pouch which contained a sleep mask, ear plugs and lavendar linen mist. Wasn't that sophisticated?




Oh, one other thing. On the way to Kansas City we stopped in Topeka at ate at the Longhorn restaurant. I discovered cranberry margaritas. My life is changed forever. For. Ever.




My two favorite flavors cranberry and tequila combined into one drink.




Oh. Yeah.




Momma was happy.

No comments: