Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 20, 2011 Baseball

Following a day of rain on and off all day long, sometimes raining cats and dogs, the sun came out in time for the first game of the I-70 Series. The night was beautiful with a nice breeze blowing.
We had great seats, on the third base line. Only 2 other people were in our row which was really nice. Usually, CB and I arrive in time for the first pitch but don't have time to wander around the stadium. Kauffman Stadium has been renovated and now has a neat Hall of Fame. We walked through it and it was pretty interesting.



This is a view of the field from the Hall of Fame. I was standing in a retro radio announcer's booth.




This is Albert Pujols who plays for the Cardinals. He is a great hitter - although he didn't live up to his reputation tonight. I just looked at the picture and it looks like he is checking his zipper, doesn't it? Those baseball players and their crotches. If they didn't have balls, what would they do with their hands in between plays and innings?


This is what the scoreboard looked like when Albert Pujols was up to bat. There is so much information on the scoreboard that it takes a little while to figure it out.




The Cards lost 3-0.




On the way home, CB took a wrong turn and we got lost. However, we got found pretty quickly and made it back to the hotel in fine shape.




Best part of the day? Stopping at Krispy Kreme and getting donuts. My idea of heaven. I could eat my weight in Krispy Kreme donuts and I think I shall try that some day.




When we were there, the donuts were warm. Warm Krispy Kreme donuts. It doesn't get any better than that.




I will not tell you how many I ate.




Six.

No comments: