Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 16, 2011 Run Fast. Jump High.



Oh. My. God. Please, please, please ignore my Hillary Clinton cankles. Honestly, I don't think my ankles are the same size as my knees, but, shit, this picture does them (my ankles, I mean) NO favors.


These are my new shoes. They are amazing. They are purple.


When I was a little girl, we got our shoes at the JC Penney store in downtown Dodge City. On the sidewalk outside the store was a metal trap door that went to the basement of the store. It would open and an elevator sort of thing would bring the trash up to the street level.


I knew I had a good pair of shoes if I could go on the sidewalk and jump over that metal trap door. It was closed, of course. But, there was something about leaping over something that I perceived to be huge!


I will not be trying to jump over anything in these shoes - at this age....but they are pretty good shoes.


And they are purple.

No comments: