Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 9, 2011 Kansas City

CB and I spent the day in Kansas City. There was a women's golf tournament (those silly women think they can use the golf course, too.) today, so all the men had to find something else to do. CB decided to spend the day with me!

We went to City Market and bought fresh veggies and fruits....we took 4 shopping bags and filled them all up! I took a picture of one of the vendors whose pick-up truck was completely filled with corn on the cob. It was unbelievable. The bed of the truck was overflowing with corn. Unfortunately, I took that picture with my phone and not my camera.

Here's a question to ask....why did I take that picture with my phone? I don't take pictures with my phone. Shit, I barely talk on my phone, much less take photos with it. If I can figure out how to upload that picture to this blog, I will do it. Please do not hold your breath.

After City Market, we went to the zoo.


It was a wonderful sunny day but a little on the hot side. In order to feel cooler, we spent some time watching the polar bear swim his laps.


I could have watched this guy swim and dive all day long. He'd swim right up to the glass, then push off with his massive paws and dive away from the crowd. He wouldn't stay gone for long, though. He'd swim around a gigantic boulder in the water and come right back to the glass again. Over and over and over again.

After the zoo it was clearly time for lunch. We went to Five Guys burger joint. It was sooooo good. President Obama likes to eat at Five Guys and if it's good enough for my president, it's good enough for me!

By mistake I ordered large fries which could have fed everyone in the place. Next time, I'll be more careful! But, CB and I did our damnedest to eat everything on our plates!
After lunch, we went to CB's sister's house where both his sisters were waiting for us. We had a good chat then went to Sam's Club to shop.

As you know, I HATE Walmart and do NOT shop there. But, I made an exception today. CB and I went a little crazy and bought a lot of stuff. I told myself that we were saving money in the long run. Right?

Then we went to dinner and had steaks that were really, really good along with a twice baked potato that was as bit as my head. MY HEAD, I tell you. Heaven.

We got home about 11:30, exhausted but smiling.

Every now and then, CB and I get our money's worth out of a day. Today was one of those days.

No comments: