Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011 It's A Good Day

I went shopping in Old Colorado City this morning. Old Colorado City is 3 blocks of eclectic shops, restaurants and pubs. I got there at 10:00 which is when everything opened so there weren't tons of people there yet.

When it was time for lunch, I went to a BBQ joint that had been recommended to me. Even though I am on vacation, I ordered a salad and since there are those who would not believe me, here's a picture. Not shown: the gigantic brisket sandwich I had as well.

After lunch, I was fortified enough to shop in Manitou. I walked past many shops, some old (i.e. there when I was a kid) and some new. One of the old shops was Patsy's. It has salt water taffy and the best popcorn anywhere.

Outside of Patsy's is an arcade which I remember as a child and I took Luke there when he was a little guy.

This rock was climbed on by both Luke and I. And, no, I did not climb on it today. My hands were full of packages. That's why.
The Skeeball place has been here forever. As a kid, I was kind of afraid of the Skeeball place. Who knows why.

Here's the stream that goes through Manitou.
Elements that made today a good day:

Shopping

BBQ

Popcorn

Nap


No comments: