Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011 I've Been Busy!

The worst thing about going on a trip is getting ready for the trip.

Initially, I planned to leave on Sunday morning for Colorado. I'm attending a conference in Boulder that starts on Tuesday and for the few days prior to that I'm going to hang out around Green Mountain Falls.

However, I am headed to Dodge early on Saturday morning to attend Mrs. Dunn's funeral. After that, I'll head west and see where I end up. Sunday will find me in Manitou Springs.

Anyway, because CB is working such crazy hours...he's been getting home every night this week between 9 and 9:30...I decided that I better get some meals in the freezer.

Every night this week I've been cooking and freezing. It's been like a diner around here! Lasagna, hamburger casserole, goulash, enchiladas and smothered steak are all in the freezer.

I made an instruction sheet for each day so Luke can take the appropriate meal out of the freezer. By the time CB gets home, it will be thawed and ready to pop in the microwave.

Doing all this work has guaranteed one thing: as I am sitting in the mountains, enjoying the cool mountain air, I will not spend even one moment wondering if the boys are fed. Nor will I spend one moment feeling guilty about being on vacation without them.

For a change, this woman's work is done!

No comments: