Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 22, 2011 Headed Home!

Here is where I stayed in Boulder. My room was the one right above the first "N" - with the curtains open. It was a great hotel and I recommend it to anyone traveling through Boulder.

Before I left Boulder, I did some shopping on Pearle Street. As you can see, Pearle Street is pedestrian traffic only. On both sides of the "street" are wonderful mix of eclectic shops and restaurants/bars.



I helped the economy single handedly!

One of the stores specialized in goods from Britain. In the back, where the food was kept, were these cans of spotted dick. Proof that it does exist.

I headed for Kansas around 1:00 or so.

And drove.

And drove.

And drove.

Then I saw this sign:

And knew that I was not even half way home yet.

Then I saw this sign:
And knew that I was just about there.

Just. About. There.

During the trip home, I stopped one time (had to get gas, or I wouldn't have stopped at all), set the cruise control at 85, plugged in my iPod and got down the road.

There are benefits to travelling alone!

No comments: