Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16, 2011 Dateline: Dodge City, Kansas

I'm in Dodge City for the funeral of my very favorite teacher. After the funeral, I did a bit of a wander around.

Although I had been at the cemetery for Mrs. Dunn's burial, I went back to put some flowers at the graves of Dad and Hid.

While I was there having a bit of a chat, the wind blowing (imagine that. The wind blowing in Dodge City),  and I thought back to the day in January when we had the burial service for some of Dad's ashes. It was cold and the wind was howling on that day too.

Today was a bit warmer.

That's right boys and girls. ONE HUNDRED AND TEN DEGREES. IN THE SHADE.
You can't tell from this picture, but the highway goes on forever. For. Ever. And. Ever. To. Nowhere.

Dodge City is not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.

No comments: