Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 5, 2011 Niagara Falls - sort of

One of my favorite things to do (and keep in mind that I live in a small town. A very small town.) is to go to Tuttle Creek Lake when they are letting water out and the "tubes are running". The water rushes violently through the tubes under the damn into the spillway.

There's a roar that must be like a big waterfall. The water splashes up the concrete walls over 10 feet.

Tonight, both sides of the tubes were running which I have never seen. Thousands of gallons of water per second were pouring out of the lake.

When we have a big rain (which we have), you can count on lots of activity at the lake.




After watching for about 5 minutes, I turned to CB and said "I have to go to the bathroom."


The power of running water, right?



No comments: