Monday, June 20, 2011

June 19, 2011 Barrs vs. Poison Ivy. Round 1

As you know, CB and I are both allergic to poison ivy. CB gets it by looking at a picture.

We discovered PI in a retaining wall next to our lower deck. It is entwined in the wild grapevine that WILL NOT DIE and grows along the wall right next to our peonies and tulips. When we planted the tulips, we didn't know PI was there.

Anyway, we got some "this will kill poison ivy and make it wish it had never been born and nothing, I repeat, NOTHING will ever grow in this area again for all eternity, it will kill PI down to the root, the ROOT, I say" poison to spray all along the wall.

I was spraying away and CB was cutting the peonies off. Okay, okay, he did more than just cut off the peonies. The boy does not work up this kind of sweat by trimming a couple of bushes. Well, he does, but we're not going to talk about how.

Ahem.

Anyway, after we were done, and home from the dump, we both got out the Dawn dish washing detergent and scrubbed up just in case any PI juice got on us.

I will post pictures of the death and destruction that is the former PI patch. Can I just say, however, that I feel a bit like Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"? Chasing that prairie dog? I think the poison ivy will be in my backyard long after I'm gone.

But, it's going to have a tough life.

No comments: