Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011 One More Reason I Love Luke

For the past week or so, our washing machine was making a very funny noise. Not the kind of noise that makes you laugh, but the kind of noise that makes you think "Shit. I am going to have to buy a new washer."

Today, I was doing the laundry (it's true) and on the very last load, the washing machine threw in the towel (Oh - that's very nearly a laundry joke, isn't it?) and gave up. Just stopped. Dead. Ka-poot.

I broke the news to CB since, when we got married, we sold my washer and dryer and kept his. He figured that he bought the washer for $400 nearly 20 years ago, he'd gotten his money's worth.

We looked at each other and nearly simultaneously said "Let's get Luke's!". Luke's washer and dryer are in our basement. Well, the washer isn't in the basement anymore!

Luke and CB toted the old one to the garage and hooked up the new one.

Sorry there aren't pictures of all that excitement, but, honestly, it was hot and I was trying to stay out of the way.

Our laundry room isn't big enough for all 3 of us even without the sweat.


No comments: