Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011 Memories

Six years ago, our "daughters", Priya and Louise gave us an Easter lily. I planted it and, I'm ashamed to say, have ignored it since.

Today I while surveying the estate I noticed that the lily has 3 buds AND another lily plant has sprung up along side! The baby plant has 2 buds!


I thought of my daughters and how much fun they had hunting Easter eggs and whipping up some desserts from back home in England.


They were full of laughter and smiles and surprises. When asked to dust the living room in anticipation of company, they removed all the books from the bookcases, dusted them, dusted the shelves and returned the books to slightly more organized locations.


Hasn't happened since.


And won't.


Love you, Lou-Lou Belle and my little brown gull.


*****VACATION NOTICE: I'm leaving for Kansas City tomorrow to attend a wedding. On Sunday morning, I head to Hilton Head with Kimber. Follow that story at www.hiltonhead2011.blogspot.com. I'll try to up date this blog as well. Rest assured, I'll be taking a picture a day and will post as soon as I get home, if not before.

No comments: