Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011 Elmira Gultch's Bicycle

Oh how I wish I had a soundtrack for today's post! When I saw this bike, the song from the "Wizard of Oz" started playing in my head.

You know the one I mean, the one where that crazy bitch Elmira is riding along to the Gale's house to pick up poor Toto who didn't mean to bite her.

She's pedalling to beat hell. She's on a mission to get that damn dog.

I know this basket doesn't have a lid, but, as you know, the lid on Elmira's basket didn't do any good. Toto jumped out and ran back to Dorothy.

Can I say at this point, that I love, love, love the "Wizard of Oz"? Not as much as "Wicked", but I love it nonetheless.

It made me laugh that I was thinking about all this before I noticed that the bike is a 10 speed! Can't you just see Miss Gultch on a freakin' 10 speed?

This cracked me up. As so many things do.

No comments: